Her Majesty Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Her Other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith on the throne since 1953
Interesting facts about Queen Elizabeth II:
* Elizabeth is the Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.
* Her Magesty’s height is is 5′ 4″, she is fluent in French, and her nickname is Lillibet.
* Her Magesty was made a Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, in 1951.
* Forbes magazine estimated her fortune at around $500 million.
* Although Elizabeth officially lives in Buckingham Palace, she, like many other British monarchs before her, dislikes the Palace and she considers her home to be Windsor Castle.
* Elizabeth appeared on the cover of Time magazine, in 1929, at the age of 3. In 1952, she was on the cover of Time magazine again, this time as Person of the Year.
* She was the first British monarch to circumnavigate the globe in one trip.
* Elizabeth was the first and the only female member of the royal family to serve in the armed forces, in the Auxiliary Territorial Service.